Friday 17 August 2012

Trolls

So I was on twitter a few days ago, and everyone was talking about some horrible tweets they’d seen about Gary. I myself didn’t look at them, I couldn’t. I had read some tweets about him from two other vile people, and I couldn’t understand what would make them say it. Literally within hours of him announcing he’d lost his child, there were nasty tweets all over twitter. Particularly from one evil person, who I will not mention the name of.

I have no idea what possessed him to say it, Gary and his family was going through a terrible loss, a loss which no one should have to go through and people were making jokes about it. Maybe it was to get lots of attention or maybe he just wanted to be hated, whatever the reason, the things he said were disgusting.
I don’t understand these “trolls.” I don’t know what satisfies them about having a go at celebrities or people like themselves. Where do they get off on it? They’re hated for what they’re doing. Their days are literally filled with making people feel like crap. And I don’t know why. Yeah I find a lot of people on twitter who annoy me, but I don’t start an argument with them and I don’t send horrible tweets to them. I let them get on with it, I have much more important things in my own life to worry about, than what they are tweeting about.
However, there are people in all walks of life, whether it is at school, college, work, or just the people around you, that do your head in or do things you don’t like. But to have a go at them about it, or to say horrible things to them, is just not on. You wouldn’t go up to a stranger on the street and say something horrific to them, so why do people do it on the internet.

It seems that they think they can hide away behind their computer and say what they want, that’s not the case anymore. Like technology allows them to say what they want, it has also allowed the police and internet providers to find these people, and persecute them. There’s freedom of speech and then there’s just plain going too far. Whatever you do, don’t confuse the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment