Wednesday 22 August 2012

New Job!

I got a job! Finally I have a new job! I haven’t had a job for about two months now and I have hated it. Not that I haven’t been doing anything, I’ve been doing my diploma in journalism and I’ve been writing. But I’ve hated not having a job. I’ve hated not being able to earn money. But now I can.

My last job I quit because it did my head in. I worked for a debt management company. It was there that I worked on phones calling people up during the day. It was pretty much cold calling and people hated me, but I didn’t exactly like it either. My job was to help people with their debt, so if people had credit cards and loans they were struggling with, I put them through to other companies who would help them pay them off. It was quite intense, having to talk to people about their debt everyday was a bit heavy.
But then we moved onto payment protection insurance. I called people up who were eligible to claim back money from their banks, and then again put them through to companies who were able to do that for them. I worked there for a year and a half until I eventually had enough. All day every day I got people swearing at me, some even telling me to get cancer and die. I completely understand that me calling them was annoying, but it was my job and I didn’t really appreciate being called a c**t and told to die.
I also stopped getting on with the people I worked with. My boss began to get on my nerves, he would pull me into the office by myself, pressuring me to work extra hours. I always felt intimidated so felt like I had to. I also worked with two boys around my age, and with them I felt like I was back at school, they annoyed the hell out of me. I hardly ever got any pay slips either and in the end I’d just had enough.
So I just quit. I finished work one Thursday and the following Monday I told my boss I wasn’t going back. It felt good and I’m glad I did it. Though I have missed having a job. But now finally I have one. I can finally learn to drive, buy clothes again and I might even get a tattoo.   

No comments:

Post a Comment